Wednesday 7 September 2011

Almost gone, almost there!

In just over 24 hours I'll be on the plane and heading west. I've been craving Landshark Lager and Waimea wings for weeks that seem like years.
Went shopping for a few odds and ends today. A couple of books and fresh batteries for some of my electronic toys. I bought On The Road by Jack Kerouac. I was reminded how much I have always wanted to read it a week or so back when I saw a TV news interview with a fire victim called Jackie Kerouac. I was wondering what interesting stories she had about being named after one of America's most iconic writers.
I'm almost packed. Two pairs of shorts, some t-shirts, a couple of Tilley shirts for evening wear, two pairs of lightwieght CloudVeil convertible pants, flip flops, swimming shorts, and a beach towel I bought the last time I was there. Remember, I travel light. I'll be lucky if my bag weighs twenty pounds.
Almost gone, almost there!

No comments:

Post a Comment