Friday 9 September 2011

What I woke up to...

After yesterdays "adventure" This is what I woke up to this morning.


That's right folks, this is the view from my hotel room for the next 11 days.
It was after midnight local time (after 3 home time) when I checked into the hotel. The clerk (who also worked at the airport) told me Air Canada didn't have a great rep locally for just the same reasons I told you earlier.
It was too late to get a drink at the hotel bar because they close at 1130, and under Hawaiian State law off licence sales stop at midnight. So what's a thirsty boy to do? Dug the emergency mickey of gin out of the travel bag (I always carry one in case of medical distress), walked across to the ABC Store to get some tonic, liberally filled a glass with ice, gin, and tonic, and sat on the lanai to let the velvet night unfold. The surf was a bit high but gentle, the almost full moon turned the ocean into ripples of silver and white, and it back lit thick, tall, far off clouds as if they themselves were just a ghost of an imagined image.
Restful, even, sleep came quickly after an almost 24 hour day.

No comments:

Post a Comment